Electronic architecture for commercial vehicles
Electronic architecture for commercial vehicles is one of ACTIA's areas of expertise which, for over 30 years, has been a growing market for the sector worldwide. The group is a forerunner in multiplexed architectures and has experienced excellent growth, particularly in the Chinese bus and coach market. In Europe, ACTIA is recognised and chosen by major manufacturers for the development and manufacturing of innovative and robust solutions. The group addresses the various needs of OEMs and Body Builders with an a modular system approach that integrates design of architectures, and the design and production of various electrical management and instrumentation modules. It also offers a range of services that meets vehicle requirements for connectivity and maintenance/diagnostics.
ACTIA participates in all of the major European programmes that define the commercial vehicles of the future.
The ACTIMUX system
The ACTIMUX system is the third generation of generic multiplexed architecture. This new system integrates all of the experience developed in the previous two generations, and includes :
- A hardware platform that is compatible with distributed or centralised architectures.
- Improved adaptation of the input / output interfaces to the vehicle's electrical architecture.
- New technology providing accurate control of the load currents.
- Multiple communication interfaces for improved connection to vehicle systems.
- Ethernet connection for Diag Over IP and operator-type functions (FMS).
- Development of the application software using the ActiGRAF tool (IEC 61131-3 language) and Graphical User InterfaceTools for LCD Display customization dedicated to the Acti-Mux system.
- First level diagnostics integrated into the ECU (Flashing code LED).
- Centralised diagnostics of the vehicle’s electrical architecture.
The architecture and system range offered by ACTIAis based on electrical management modules and instrumentation linked by the standard communication networks of the automobile industry (CAN, LIN, Flexray, Ethernet, etc).
This completely modular and flexible offer allows better adaptation to the requirements of each vehicle manufacturer. Combined with other on-board vehicle systems, this architecture has many advantages :
- Reduction of the number of components.
- Improved reliability of the electronic system by simplifying the vehicle’s electrical architecture.
- Greater flexibility for custom integration of functions.
- Reduction of vehicle development and production time and costs.
- Facilitated vehicle diagnostics and maintenance.
- Opening of the system to additional on-board modules.
- Multiplexing system based on PLC Programmable Logic Controller compatible with IEC 61131-3.
- Generic hardware platform that is modular and flexible.
- Design that makes it possible to manage the vehicle’s main electrical functions.